You will learn how to configuring parallel processing in Pega 8.
Learn how to configure a workflow that allows two or more processes to proceed in parallel as a case is processed.
- You can configure a stage to run multiple processes in parallel.
- This configuration allows uses to perform tasks independently in order to complete the work in a stage.
For complex parallel processing requirement, Pega provides the Split join share, the Split For Each shape, and the Spinoff option in the Subprocess shape
- Use the Split Join shape to call multiple process independent processes that operate in parallel and then later rejoin.
- However, the Split join shape gives you the flexibility to use join conditions that determine when the primary process can continue.
- The join condition may iterate over a when condition or a count to determine when to resume the flow.
- If a split join may include three separate approval sub-processes.
- You can specify that only two of the three approvals must be completed before resuming the main flow.
Split For Each:
- A Split For Each shape allows you to run one sub-process multiple times by iterating through a set of records stored in a page list or page group.
- When the items on the list have been processed, the main flow continues.
- Like the Split Join, you can use a join condition to control when the primary process resumes.
- Make sure that the flow and page list used in the iteration are in the same class.
- The spinoff option in the Subprocess shape allows you to run the subprocess in parallel with the main flow.
- The main process does not wait for the subprocess to complete before proceeding.
On Split For Each and Split Join shapes property forms, you specify a join condition.
- Select All if you want the main flow to resume after all of the subprocesses complete.
- Select Any if you want the main flow to resume after any one the subprocesses completes.
- Processing of the other subprocesses that have not completed is stopped.
- Open assignments for these subprocesses are cancelled.
- Select Some if you want to use a when rule or a count to determine when the main process can resume.
- Select Iterate if you want to start flows fro items on the Page Group or Page List property one by one.
Note: A Spinoff does not have a join condition because the subprocess never rejoins the main process.
Hope now You learned how to configuring parallel processing in Pega 8.