In this post you will learn How Cascading Approval Process configuring in Pega 8.
Pega provides the ability to include single and cascading approvals when designing case types.
- A cascading approval process configures a series of approvals.
- There are two cascading approval models.
- reporting structure : Used when approvals always move up the reporting structure of the submitter or another defined list.
- authority matrix : Used when a set of rules directs the approval chain to individuals both inside and outside the organization of the submitter.
- An Authority matrix uses a decision table.
- Each satisfied row or condition adds the results to a list of approvers.
- Approval assignments route to approvers in the order of list appearance.
Configuring Cascading Approval:
- The authority matrix model determines the approvers using a list of operators stored in a Page List, and a single value property that identifies the approver.
- Use decision table to define conditions for populating the list.
- You can also configure a cascading approval in a process flow by selecting the Cascading Approval Smart Shape form the Smart Shapes menu in the process modeler.
- Configure a page list property to hold the list of approvers.
- Configure a single-value property as an element of the page list to identify each approver in the list.
- Optionally, configure a decsion table to determine the conditions for populating the page list.
Note: When using a decision table with an authority matrix, set the decision table to Evaluate all rows to return a list of results. Otherwise, the decision table returns only one result.
Hope you learned learn How Cascading Approval Process configuring in Pega 8.